Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Chains of the Cosmic Wanderer: Vol II - The Action Manifesto Status

Well ladies and gentlemen, I have run into a problem. I have 420 pages of the new book in the can but I am no where near wrapping it up. Decision time: split it into two volumes of approximately 300 pages or continue on with the one huge one. I would like to stay under 500 pages in a single volume but it's looking unlikely. I could also go to a larger size paperback format than 6x9 inches to reduce the page count. I could also go back and delete/abridge certain things. Don't want to do either of those.

There are also practical cost and retail pricing issues. A single big tome  or larger physical size will price it out of the market. Whereas, two smaller ones will keep unit pricing  more reasonable but will require the reader to accept a "to be continued" ending for the first one. Reader would then have to order the second one to finish the story. I don't think I know a way to have them sold as a two volume package on Amazon but I need to check that out.


No comments:

Post a Comment