Tuesday, September 11, 2018

First Draft of Chains of the Cosmic Warrior: The Action Manifesto Complete

Finished the first draft of the new book Friday 9/7/2018. As I warned, it went long at 630 6x9 pp. With front and back matter it is a total of 650 pp. It seems I have brought it in within the definition of "epic" at 287,000 words.

I have chosen art and ethics over money. Rather that break it into two 300 pp. books I am leaving it as one tome for the time being. I hate the idea of people having to buy one, get to a contrived semi-ending, and then have to buy a second one to complete the story. Shorter, cheaper books sell better... but so be it.

This is now grunt work time. I have found in the past that at least four re-reads for edits are required... and even that is not 100% without a second set of eyes. It should be ready for sale on Amazon by October 15th... hopefully!

-RWM

No comments:

Post a Comment