Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Status of New Book "Chains of the Cosmic Wanderer: The Action Manifesto" | Editing Remains a Slog

It's been awhile since I last posted about my second book. Chains of the Cosmic Wanderer: The Action Manifesto. The news is both good and bad.

First the good... I finished the first draft of the manuscript in September and I think it's a pretty good story. The bad: it has taken me this long to knock out 530 pages of 750 during what started as a standard edit for spelling and grammar and has turned into a fairly extensive re-write (style... not substance).

Only ten pages per day are getting done. That's at least 20 more days of editing. It will go longer because I can't work at it every day and there is a certain size creep. As I re-write, the book continues to get longer, albeit at a much reduced rate from when I was doing the first draft.

I made a decision several months ago to keep the book intact as one long tome. I have to seriously re-think breaking it up into two books. There are only a handful of 750-800 page books out there... and I am not one of those famous authors who can pull it off. I am going to wait and see the final count before I pull the trigger on that.

Related subject: if anyone knows people in the entertainment industry, I think this would be an excellent basis for a movie or a multi-season TV show. I would sell the rights for the right price.

No comments:

Post a Comment